Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday supper: "BBQ sauced" BSCB

Moving the menus around a bit: I originally had London Broil set aside, and I know that I cooked 2 the last time that I served it. I strongly suspect, however, that I still have more London broil in the chest freezer, but have no desire with the state of my lower back, to bend over and dig. Additionally, I am to reduce all meat consumption, but especially red meat so I grabbed some of the BSCB I had bought recently on marked down. I plan on grilling it and creating a "BBQ-Chinese sweet and sour combo" sauce to top them for the last 20 minutes, creating a glaze. Sides will be pan fried cabbage (currently have a lot of cabbage on hand) fried in reserved bacon fat (yes, I know but a little goes a long way) with Vidalia onions, seasoned with salt and pepper. I will also have steamed, organic carrots and buttered, veggie spiral pasta. Not sure if there will be any dessert.

5 comments:

Linda said...

What is wrong with lower back? Why must you reduce red meat consumption? Because of my back problems, I cannot bend to scrounge. I understand that! Hope you get to feeling better.

CTMOM said...

Right lower back spasms. Reducing animal protein consumption due to side effect of recent biologic (cholesterol jumped 50 points)

meme said...

I am sorry you had had such back trouble - and hope you are feeling better.

Ms. Sandie said...

We love fried cabbage!

Carol Farley said...

Hope your back eases up, soon. Watch the fat in foods as that will raise your cholesterol levels more so than the cholesterol that is in foods. I have been on a low fat diet for years to keep my cholesterol in check. Takes me a while in the store if buying new products to read the nutrition info on the packages but worth it. Thirty percent of calories from fat should be the limit with foods. Take care.