Monday, July 10, 2017

Trying to wrap up the remodel

 Finally got my hall bath sink top installed, now await a return trip by the plumber to get the faucet installed. I will then be able to call the city inspector for a final inspection for my certificate of occupancy.
 I also got the replacement brackets for the living room blinds in this past week. DX agreed to come over on Friday and reinstall them. He took them down, no one else would know how they were installed. Sad thing is that the former owner literally had just bought these (dated 5/16/16) and they were installed sometime prior to his death on 5/30.



These are off white/light beige, Bali cordless cellular blinds-very expensive! Besides additional privacy, these will offer additional insulation on the window glass come Winter, even though my windows are new as well, having been manufactured in Dec 2016, so likely installed the Spring of 16 as well.

My custom shower door was also installed this past week, and the GC returned for additional touch up work. Subsequently, I discovered some base trim that was cut too short. Sigh. He will be advised on this as well.

3 comments:

Belinda said...

Those blinds are nice! The shower door looks good too. :)

Anne in the kitchen said...

You're getting close to the end. Things look fantastic!

meme said...

Your bathroom is beautiful! Your living room looks fantastic too! I would say you are in the home stretch...