Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Got my C.O.

Final inspection by the city today, and was able to sign off on 4 open permits: the propane installation, the electrical work, the plumbing work, and finally, the general contracting. Phew!

They will mail me the actual document, glad to see this project come to an end. Spent more than I had planned to, but righted many wrongs, most known about, and got some nice upgrades. Plenty more to do, and will attack them one at a time.

Now to increase some income to cover existing debt, establish an emergency fund, establish a medical costs savings account (not eligible foe either a HSA or a FLEX account).

I must continue to live carefully and am anxious for my new normal to settle out, financially speaking.

6 comments:

Carol Farley said...

Congratulations! I am surprised that you were able to live in the home without the C of O. In our area one must have that first before moving in. Good luck and enjoy.

CTMOM said...

Probably as it was existing construction to which, I was repairing and legalizing non permitted work.

Kathy said...

Congratulations! I know that is a good feeling.

Linda said...

I, too, am surprised. Around here, you must have the certificate of occupancy before the utility company will turn on the electric and water. Congratulations!

Linda said...

We were remodeling a house and someone from the city came and threatened not to allow us to move in and have utilities turned on unless we caved and put screens back on all windows. We had just taken off the screens downstairs because we would not open them, using ac. I told the guy as soon as they had an attorney with a new house put screens on his windows, I would take the screens out of the basement and put them back on the house. I never heard another word.

Belinda said...

Congratulations!!