Monday, July 3, 2017

Farmer's Market 2017, week 2

 While we still had some fresh produce on hand, beyond the usual staples (potatoes, onions, carrots, cabbage), I returned to the city's Farmer's market on Saturday, with this coupon in hand.
 I forgot to take a picture of it all, but here's a giant head of lettuce that is drying off in the sink
All of the produce is prepared: carrots, golden beets (and greens cut off, stored separately), Kirby cukes, Kohlrabi (again with the greens cut off and stored separately).

I stopped at the Energize CT booth, signed up for a quote by a local company for some upcoming attic insulation, which I will address sometime after my upcoming energy audit. If I do an audit by the end of August, and then insulate, the $124 fee will be reimbursed and I am eligible for a program in which half of the insulation will be paid by the State. Nice.  Here are some freebies: the small pot is of flowers and the "sign" is also: place the handle in water over night, then plant. I also got this mini tape measure (my current one was bent-also another freebie).

2 comments:

Linda said...

That is nice to have a coupon for a farmer's market. Freebies are good...lol.

Belinda said...

The produce is beautiful. NIce freebies from the Energize CT booth. :)