Monday, June 19, 2017

Use what you've got

 We stopped in at Shoprite the other night, as Aldi's was out of coffee (and had been for 2 days!). While there, we chanced upon some marked downs, including this olive oil, Chiabatta bread. I immediately thought of pizza. I had also bought this pkg of shredded cheese that was on sale, to which I added a large coupon. I cobbled together additional ingredients: leftover spaghetti sauce, l/o black olives, Pepperoni, l/o bit of red onion, an additional onion from the pantry.
 I cut the loaf in half, and then quarters. I prepped 2 quarters for "French bread style pizzas."
Freshly baked in the mini convection oven. Yummy!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Yummy is right. One week, Aldi was out of milk for the whole week. What's up with that?

Hawaii Planner said...

Looks good! I'm going to be making some dinners from the freezer odds & ends this week, as the kids are with my parents. We won't go grocery shopping, & will use the leftover funds to treat ourselves to a few dinners out sans sitter.

meme said...

That pizza looks great! I am enjoying a day off today from my daycare - had my yearly physical so I needed to close today - we are supposed to have severe thunderstorms here this afternoon. Dinner here is leftover chicken being made into chicken salad sandwiches, salad and corn on the cob.

Belinda said...

Looks delicious!