Friday, June 16, 2017

For the birds!

 My new to me home came with an old bird feeder  on a metal pole. Issue was, however, that the plastic windows were broken, and meanwhile some finches have nested in there. I asked my handyman to separate the bird home from the pole and to hang the home in a tree.
There was a plastic cleat underneath, but due to age, in order to remove it, as the screws were rusted/stripped, he would have had to reach inside, below the nest to do so. A trip to Home Depot found a substitute cleat to replicate what was already there, to be used to attach my existing, cedar suet feeder to the pole, which now sits out front in the yard, near my other, preexisting, large bird feeder on a Sheppard's hook pole.

1 comment:

Blissfulbutterfly said...

Congratulations on your new home! I love the transformation; it looks so nice both inside and out!