Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Farmer's Market 2017

 I popped over to the new location of the Farmer's market this past Saturday. I was a bit delayed as my car was blocked in the driveway but I still got there by 10:30 for the ribbon cutting. With free parking at the parking garage down the street, and the street between the garage and city green where the market now is held being block from car traffic, it was very, very convenient as a patron! I bought all of the lovelies above: Rainbow chard, radishes, green and red cabbage, chives, Summer squash, purple cauliflower, beets with the greens, a head of lettuce. Much of the produce is organic. Many merchants had sold out of items, but I still was able to find much of what I was looking for. I didn't keep a tally, but spend about $20 +/-.

The bus company was even there and I got these freebies: a nice fat pen (great with my hands), and a water bottle with sports drink spout. Nice.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Nice freebies and gorgeous produce. I love making trips to the Farmer's Market for fresh produce. :)

Ms. Sandie said...

Nice purchases. I love the farmers market!