Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Avoiding food waste

 I had a split turkey breast with some meat remaining on it. I removed the meat as best as I could, and quickly turned it into a turkey salad.


Naturally, the bones and skin were simmered for 30 minutes, and I ended up with 2 cups of turkey broth for the freezer.

 Recent hot days have meant that bananas have turned quickly. With only 2 banana mini chocolate chip muffins remaining, I decided to make another batch of muffins, but this time, I turned to my pumpkin-spice-chocolate chip muffin recipe, substituting the banana puree for pumpkin, and chopped pecans for the chocolate chips
 This recipe has always been very generous. It is supposed to make 2 dozen,

but, as usual, I ended up with extra batter-enough to make up 5 xlarge muffins. I was able to use up the rest of my chopped pecans in the freezer, the rest of some cake flour that was a bit long in the tooth, along with the aforementioned bananas.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Somewhere, I have five bananas that soon will be ready for muffins! I could have left them in the car. ???