Sunday, June 18, 2017

A work in progress: the Master bath

 Here's a peek into my almost done, Master bathroom
 The walls came out a bit more pink than I had intended (really was looking for an almost white, with a hint of pink) but perhaps these will soften, as the kitchen did. If not, it's a quart of paint, and at this point, I'm living with it.
 The vanity with 5 drawers, 2 deep cupboards with one shelf in each. A new, tall and wide medicine cabinet (still needs the shelves put in). I discovered that someone* made several scratches in my new vanity counter, which I am far from pleased about. I will be discussing this with the contractor.
 My custom shower
with the added space of a shower bench. I also found some scratches in this custom marble. Grr . . If you look at the cord from the blow dryer, you can see that the vanity blocks the original opening to the shower. The GC didnt' calculate this so as a result, I am having to get a custom, glass shower door, an expense I was trying to avoid as I intended to reuse the existing shower door. It will be about 3 weeks before it is ready, and then I need to schedule installation with the glass company, who is also helping me with making custom screens for DS's room, as there are no screens remaining in that room.

It's all in the details at this point.

7 comments:

Linda said...

It all looks nice. I hate it when installers mess up things and walk away, hoping I will not notice it.

Meg B. said...

I love the pink. It's so very vintage. What a nice little haven you have made.

Belinda said...

I love your new shower! The bench is just a great addition. :)

CT Bargain Mom said...

Bummer about the depth of the vanity. In our other house we had a powder room with a little sink. I hated it.....seemed barely big enough to wash your hands in. Actually our camper had a narrow depth sink that was bigger. The bathroom looks great though

meme said...

I really like the pink color - that is a shame about the scratches -- I would take that up with the GC too. The house is coming along so nicely from your photos!!

Kelly Campbell said...

I love the look of that bathroom and I even find the pink color cool. And I am the girl who doesn't like the color pink. :)


Sue said...

I am a huge fan of pink/gray/black and vintage, so your bathroom is like my dream come true! I just love all your choices. So wish this were MY bathroom!