Sunday, May 21, 2017

Limited shopping and awesome crash n burn

 The remodeling home is located near a S&S that has a great crash and burn section, it seems. I grabbed a few deals, even with the impending move as they were too good to pass up: 12 pack of store brand "Northern like" tp, canned beans, canned tomato sauce (love the smaller cans for recipes, including pizza)
New England style hot dog rolls, which I prefer and some bread-all now frozen.

The next few weeks are my transition weeks as we move out of this rental and ready it to turn back over, and move into my new, forever home. I will have some extra expenses as a result (last month's electric included $15 for the new to me home) but I have been lucky that my last rent check was for 5/1 and my first mortgage payment is for 6/1. No overlap.

The LL reached out to me to arrange a final walk through date, I replied and await a finalization for the walk thru. We move on the 25th but meanwhile, we are starting to move what I call "smalls" and take everything off of walls, switch out our curtains for the LL's. I am required to spackle and repaint any holes. I already own spackle from last rental and there is paint in the garage. The wall touch up will happen this week, leaving a deep clean before my to be determined, final walk thru. Meanwhile, the new rug cleaner has picked up my room rugs and after having cleaned them, will return them to the new home.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Looks like you picked up some great deals. Hopefully that S & S will continue to be a good source of crash and burn items for you.

I need to grocery shop this coming week. The last few weeks of the school year are always so busy and this year is no different. I have been working every day for the last few weeks. As a result, I've not done any regular grocery shopping and my pantry shows it.

Busy Bee said...

Yay! I'm excited to see how everything pulls together.