Thursday, May 11, 2017

Energy upgrades

 Yesterday was a very long day for the energy company. Arrived at 8, left after 6 p.m.  Missing from my basement now, is the large, electric water heater, now in the dumpster.
 Instead, one finds this manifold with a line for the range, the water heater and a spare for the future fireplace conversion.
 Here's my sexy, new LP fueled, hot water on demand system, for which I did get a rebate.
 Energy star, naturally.
Sold off the existing electric range some time ago, and finally have the new, fueled by LP, gas range in it's place. With an oil fed boiler, my hot was needs averaged to $30/month. I know from using the gas stove here, my cooking fuel needs are about $25/month. So, looking to see if I can match if not hopefully beat those numbers, combined at $55/month for propane on average.

4 comments:

Ms. Sandie said...

Love the new upgrades and appliances. I know I say it often, but I am very excited for you.

Kathy said...

Let us know how you like the hot water on demand.

mikemax said...

Wow! You're really cookin'! Just a tip: you are going to find propane to be more expensive than you think. Not an arm and a leg, but more. I did the math once, figuring BTUs, and it would have been my highest-cost fuel. (But I have very cheap electricity and natural gas). I am fortunate to have natural gas in my home, however the vacation home uses propane. Since we keep it at 50F during the winter, and aren't there to cook a whole lot, it's fine...and has the added advantage of being usable during a power outage. Also, the price goes up and down, like oil.

Belinda said...

Yes, please let us know how you like the hot water on demand as time permits. Everything looks so good. I'm still so excited for you.