Sunday, April 16, 2017

Thinking ahead to finishing touches, saving what I can

 Here's a close up of the cheap, formica kitchen counter top. No monies to replace it at the moment, it's a make do item. I'm calling it brown faux granite.
 Paint chips hanging at the large, beige brick with grey mortar fireplace from one of the 3, black slate mantle shelves. I will have the entry, living and dining rooms all painted a cafe au lait/taupe beige. All wood work (crown molding, window trim, base molding is being painted white), red oak floors will be stained natural. I got some super clearance, faux silk drapes from JCP in beige, there are beige, Bali roll up blinds going back up on the 7 large windows.
 Hall light is being reused, is fairly new
 One of the 2 kitchen fluorescent lights is now the laundry room/half bath light.
 Ceiling lights in hall bath and Master bath stay, I did replace the 2 existing exhaust fans, and added a 3rd to the 1/2 bath.
 Like the bath ceiling lights, the 2 bathroom's each have identical vanity lights. Not my top pick, but they will work. I am trying to stop the hemorrhaging of money.
 Pink bath tiles carefully removed and saved in a saved kitchen cabinet drawer. No money for kitchen cabinets. These are mid grade, a medium brown, and  date from 2011. They stay. Walls will be a light celery green. The Kohler, stainless steel, double sink is being reused.
 Luckily, the shower valves are good in the masterbath, saving that expense. I still had to buy a complete, new assembly for the hall bath. I now know the local plumbing supply place. : )
 The hall bath will have a cream/beige floor tile, brown vanity, white fixtures, white subway tiles. The walls, however, will be painted a very light blue-the color on top.
Half bath pedestal sink and toilet as well as the toilet for the master bath were delivered by my Ex for me, on Friday after work. The old master toilet is being saved, to be reused in the hall bath.

I have additional paint chips that I want to tape up in the rooms that are to be painted, to see the color in the sunlight.

Paint color scheme summary:
entry/living room/dining room: cafe au lait
Kitchen: celery green
Laundry/half bath: kelly green
Hall bath: very light blue
Son's room: existing off white/cream
DD' room: existing off white/cream
Master: silver grey
Master bath: very light pink

No comments: