Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Wed: quinoa burgers

Tonight finds me serving another batch of quinoa burgers using a variation of this shared recipe so that DD can eat them. I chose red  quinoa.

 Here's the mix, not much to look at
 I did this in batches, ending up with 8 burgers
 They brown nicely, mimicing a meat burger, due to the color of the quinoa.
 I served them on homemade buns, DD used a Romaine wrap
 I decided to do oven fries
 and served canned corn alongside,



in addition to steamed carrots









4 comments:

Thrifty Mom In Boise said...

I have yet to try quinoa. Had no idea you could get it in red either. Might have to put some in my shopping cart and give it a whirl.

CTMOM said...

Went with the red version to more mimic "meat"-came out very good, once again. Prefer these with some mashed potato in them (DD can't eat beans so that's a modification I had to make). Very filling.

NAN said...

Interesting- can you post that recipe or tell me where you found it? I am not a big meat eater and always looking for tasty vegetarian alternatives. Thanks.

Marcia in rural WNY said...

I have made quinoa taste quite all right as well. Prepared sort of like a pilaf, but using quinoa with onions, vegetable broth, garlic, and red peppers or something else--can't quite remember, but we have had it a couple times and liked it. Never thought of it as a meat substitute, though.