I noticed that one of my V necked, dressier T's developed some holes in the front. Being knit, I know that the mending would show, so this became a resource.
I cut off the cap sleeves, tossed those. I cut straight across, just below the armpits, through both layers, setting this aside. I cut further into the bodice, creating a nice, soft dusting rag, which now resides with my other cleaning rags.
I now turned the body of the T inside out and sewed the raw edges shut, then repeated 1/4 inch away, making for a reinforced seam, usiing pink spool thread and a mint green bobbin as a means to use up more of my inherited thread. I turned it right side out, and took a seam ripper to make 2 side seam openings in the former bottom hem (the cloth is now upside down but it doesn't matter). I grabbed a salvedged athletic shoe lace, and fished it thru the hem seam, creating a drawstring.
I now have a cute produce bag at zero cost!