Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sunday supper: Pot roast

A Crock Pot is making short work out of a mini Sunday supper this weekend: a smaller pot roast is cooking away (I do this in it's frozen state), along with a can of golden mushroom soup, 2 Tbsp of a French onion soup mix (I had bought a huge tub of an off brand years ago, this is what remains), as well as a healthy addition of freshly ground black pepper. Canned, no salt corn; mashed potatoes; gravy from the CP and roasted in the mini convection oven Butternut squash (my last) will complete the meal. This helps set me up for the upcoming week, where stroganoff is on the menu.


5 comments:

Linda said...

Most things go into the crockpot frozen, meat at least. I would love a pot roast, but am allergic to beef! That makes me sad.

Belinda said...

Looks like it will be a good dinner. :)

meme said...

Looks good! Today I am making boneless pork chops (breaded/baked) with mashed potato and a canned vegetable. However, right now I am relaxing with a cup of tea after spending my morning giving the house a good cleaning.

Lili said...

Looks delicious, Carol, and the leftovers will be wonderful, too!

Meg B. said...

I have had turkey breast put in a slow cooker in its frozen state. It was the juiciest, most flavorful turkey I have ever had.