Sunday, March 12, 2017

Sunday supper is postponed this week; it's dinner for one instead

I'm thawing one fillet of Haddock, to be oven baked in the mini toaster/convection oven with lemon, herbs. Sides will be l/o carrots and potatoe-not yet sure how I will prepare it. Kids are celebraing DX's brirthday today.

I had some cereal for bfst and it's not agreeing with me; I currently have all the symptoms that DD has been suffering with. Ugh . . maybe I'm coming down with that as well, not uncommon with PSA patients.

So, I am nursing a cup of hot, Earl Grey tea, hoping to feel better.

Able to have dinner, which ended up being this:

 There were fewer carrots than I had anticipated, so I opened a can of no salt, sliced beets. I made home fried potatoes,
 intentionally making extra for breakfast in the morning
Drinks were topped up: freshly brewed tea, still enough "koolaid" until it's empty, I'll hold on making more.

7 comments:

Ellie said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
-Ellie

thyme2save said...

Stress as you have might also add to your discomfort.

Belinda said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, Carol.

Meg B. said...

On the rare occasions that I am alone for a meal, I usually just bake myself a potato, and top it with cheddar cheese and sour cream. I like yams that way too.
Hope you feel better soon.

Rachel said...

I hope you feel better soon! It stinks to be sick. Usually if it is just me for dinner, I make scrambled eggs with veggies or a bowl of cereal! LOL

Kathy said...

Hope you feel better soon.

meme said...

I hope you are feeling better today...