Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Pasta Wednesday

One of my Crock Pot's is simmering away, creating tonight's pasta sauce: a large can (sale plus cpn) of seasoned, diced tomatoes; celery, the rest of a bag of fzn peppers and onions, 1/2 of a jar of mushrooms, black pepper, Bay leaf, Italian herbs were combined along with 3 sausage links that I sliced, reserving the remaining 2 for another meal.








2 jars of elbow mac (gluten free for DD, and regular for DS and I) will be served along with


squash saute,


tossed salad with choice of dressing.

6 comments:

Busy Bee said...

We're having pasta, too. Mac and cheese cooked in the pressure cooker.

Lili said...

It sounds like you continue to work your way through your supplies! Looks delicious!

Life In Mooseport said...

Looks yummy!

CTMOM said...

Busy, I have mac n cheese on the menu, I think for Fri this week. We haven't had it in some time, I have surplus Cheddar on hand, too.

CTMOM said...

Lili, yes, my March menus, which were designed in Feb, were done pre house buying, but as always, rely heavily upon ingredients already on hand, bought as inexpensively as possible within the past few months. THat is one of my main tricks to keep my grocery budget considerably lower than what many would suggest. Today's fancy-schmancy sausages were actually an Aldi marked down for clearance item, I think* I paid $1-$1.49/package. I failed to reference it, but the blue lidded tub in the photo is some leftover sauce from the freezer, used in lieu of opening a 29 oz can of tomato sauce/puree. Working hard to cull as much as reasonably possible from food stores.

Meg B. said...

We got in the habit of eating pasta on Wednesdays a long Today, though, is a leftovers day. It'll be tuna casserole for the kids, lentils and rice for dh and me.