Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pantry/freezer challenge: Chinese supper


I was able to cull more ingredients from the pantry and freezer ingredients yesterday: l/o white rice, a pkg of 2 marked down, thin steaks; a pouch of oriental stir fry sauce
 Using up the last of my sesame oil, I made a beef stir fry, adding some sliced cabbage, fzn peppers/onions, the rest of an older bunch of celery. Came out really good! just don't tell my MD about the salt
 A pkg of fzn Chinese buns were steamed to accompany
My supper plate.

2 comments:

Marcia in rural WNY said...

There is a low sodium soy sauce available from Kikkoman. I buy it automatically, although I'm sure it's still fairly high in sodium--but we still have to eat something!! Some time I use mu shu sauce but I haven't seen low sodium in that. Just using less is my only approach. A little apricot jam (or peach, or what have you) can be thrown in there to fake a Chinese sauce.

CTMOM said...

Marcia, I normally buy low sodium soy at Aldi's. I wished to use this pouch sauce up. it was good, just too salty per my MD. My hands puffed up.