Friday, March 31, 2017

More RX refills

My insurance, as of January, will no longer cover my 2 in 1 nasal allergy spray so to not have to go OOP, I am continuing to order the separate components, both as generics. $90.98/3 month supply with insurance picking up the tab.

Unfortunately, I've developed an injection site reaction on both thighs, after going 13  days with the first injection (that allergic flare showed up this morning) and 5 days after the 2nd to my latest RX for arthritis. So, dealing with this, calls into both the allergist as well as the rhumatologist, emergency visit to the rhumatologist, a visit to CVS for generic benedryl.. Off that RX now, await my rhumatologist fighting with ins. to getting on the drug that she and a former rhumy both wanted me on. I hate that ins. controls what meds I can take, there really should be legislation on this. Luckily, al medical charges are to the ins company until the end of Aug, as long as we remain in plan.

7 comments:

Busy Bee said...

Ouch! I hate that insurance companies can do that, too. You would think they would willing handle whatever medication would work best for the patient.

meme said...

that is quite the red mark! I hope you are okay and do not develop itching, hives, etc....

Anne in the kitchen said...

I hate that insurance companies try to practice medicine rather than letting our docs decide what is best for us.

Linda said...

That is a scary looking reaction. It looks like a lipstick kiss from a giant. I have reactions, too. Mine are more widespread but not as angry. Good luck with the ins.

Kathy said...

Oh wow, I'm sorry. Do hope it clears up with no more side effects.
I hate insurance and what it has done to healthcare.

Ms. Sandie said...

Are you doing better?

CTMOM said...

Yes, I am, Sandie. Still have marks on my thighs, but they are more pink than red, and larger with each day it seems. Quite faded. It's resolving.