Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Medical freebies

 Part of being on the Enbrel support program is receiving a free sharps container along with a return box that has prepaid postage included. Very nice.
Now that we've hit both deductibles, I gladly refill my maintenance meds, including Restasis and pictured here, one of my kidney drugs-free! While I was charged my $125 co-pay for the Restasis, I know to submit my receipt, and I will be reimbursed by the drug manufacturer. So, one again, zero cost. I am actively refilling all of our meds, as allowed, to stockpile a bit, with our current ins slated to run out at the end of Aug. I can repeat this process in May and again in July, gaining an edge on unknowns as regards our medical coverage and costs.

UPDATE: this arrived in today's mail:

3 month supply of a maintenance drug for me: $967.10, but again, I paid $0 for it.

2 comments:

Busy Bee said...

It is kind of scary how expensive medical supplies can be. I spent $128 in the pharmacy (with insurance) and only bought enough testing supplies for my blood sugar for a month.

Belinda said...

receiving a free sharps container along with a return box that has prepaid postage included= Nice Freebie!!