Friday, March 3, 2017

Lenten meal: homemade pizza

Tonight's Lenten meal will be homemade pizzas; a gluten free version for DD, and a regular one using the same recipe I recently tried, but this time, dividing the dough and freezing half of it for another time. I will make my usual pizza sauce, turning to 2 8 oz cans of tomato sauce out of the pantry. A block of sale priced, Mozzarella is culled out of the freezer, now defrosting. I will also hand grate some Parmesan to add to the Mozzarella, along with some open, sharp Cheddar. 3 cheese pizza it is! Here's the recipe




 Thin crust, part whole wheat pizza
Gluten free version

A simple salad will round out the meal, served with a choice of dressings, and accomplishing my goal of getting more items out of the pantry.

2 comments:

Meg B. said...

Delicious. We (Episcopalian) aim for two meat free meals in Lent, as we do one/week anyway. So, Lent then becomes the time I organize my pantry. It's always my Lenten project. Well, not organizing so much as eating from it. So, on Wednesdays and Fridays we eat from the larder. We will see a lot of lentils and rice, tomato soup and chowders.
On an unrelated note, I want to see a picture of your dreaded pink bath! When you mentioned it, I envisioned a house very similar to what you showed us. I like it, especially your fireplace. I also love wood floors, and those look like beauties. Are they the narrow planks typical of that time? And, although I am all for embracing the period, I agree with your decision to remove the paneling on the walls. It's a nice house, and you will make it a lovely home.

Busy Bee said...

Yum. We love homemade pizza. In fact, most of the time when we order take away we find it lacking.