Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Real estate: home inspection

Image:  http://soundviewinspect.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Dollarphotoclub_49066435.jpg


Yesterday found me making a lot of calls, including setting up a complete home inspection next week. I have to accomplish this within 10 days of a signed contract. There will be a crew of 5, each with their own subspecialty, combing over the home. Costs about 3 times what I paid for one man to do this 27 years ago, when purchasing my marital home. I like the sounds of having many eyes on the home vs just one, and that each has unique expertise. I'd much rather pay $1000, and know what if any issues exist, than be blindsided and make a very costly mistake. These type of additional costs, outside of my downpayment, have been factored in, allotting myself an additional $10,000 for real estate attorney, inspection, bank fees, etc.

My inspection will cover: structure, exterior, roof, plumbing, electrical, heat and hvac, insulation and ventillation, interior, radon in air and water, well flow rate and erovery, water potability, septic, lead in paint, mold, pests.

2 comments:

meme said...

Fingers crossed the inspection goes VERY well!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Hope the inspection turns up nothing unexpected!