Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Corraling rags and note paper






I've had several moves since divorcing in '12. Each time, I downsize, cull through possessions, which at one point included 4 desks (now just mine remains). I had gathered all of the unused/no longer used and more elementary school supplies, and actually sold some off. Some were donated. Remaining was a variety of small note pads-perfect for scrap paper. I had them in a rectangular, plastic basket that I had owned for years, but I wished to better organize my cleaning rags, as they tended to topple over in the cabinet. I keep towel rags, microfiber rags, 100% cotton rags separated. I now have the 3 groupings of rags stashed away in separate bins, having repurposed similar plastic baskits. What to do with the scrap paper/note paper, which I keep in the kitchen, atop the fridge? I had to replace a tissue box and was inspired to cut the top out, leaving an on inch edge all along the top. It's a bit tight, but I was able to get all of the note books/pads and scrap paper into it, as well as a pen for note taking. Zero cost, using what I have, remaining organized-perfect.

5 comments:

Meg B. said...

My kids got me a similarly shaped basket for my birthday last year, which I use for the same purpose.

JoAnn said...

Love this and I am totally stealing your idea! I have a handful of little freebie notepads sitting in a drawer. Out of sight=out of mind and not getting used. Perfect way to get them used up.

meme said...

that's awesome! I go thru a lot of boxes of tissues - daycare. I just usually fold down and recycle - this is a good way to reuse them

Linda said...

I keep repurposing things for storage. I did give away a box of notepads I rescued several years ago. I could not bear to see them destroyed, so I gave away about 50 pounds and kept 10 for my use. Finally, I gave away all but one notepad since they have drug ads. Whew--gone!

thyme2save said...

As usual, useful ideas. Thx.