Friday, March 24, 2017

Cheap snacks

 I chanced upon several marked downs at Aldi's yesterday, including the last container they had of Nacho Cheddar cheese sprinkle for popcorn. We like the white Cheddar version, it doesn't contain questionable ingredients so, at 69 cents, it was worth a try.




I also happened to find popcorn kernals at Dollar Tree.
I made a double batch of Nacho cheese seasoned, popcorn for a snack. We really liked it! With grocery spending strictly limited, being able to add an inexpensive treat is welcomed.

4 comments:

Meg B. said...

Well, I thought I was the last person left who used actual popcorn kernels! Do you pop on the stove, or do you use a hot air popper?

CTMOM said...

Gave away the college air popper years ago. Use the stove top method, except at the last rental where there was a smooth top stove (bought a thrift store oil popcorn popper). Assuming that I do close on the home I am in contract for (deal isn't done until the ink is dry!), I will try to sell the oil popper.Otherwise, I will donate.

Belinda said...

I use the stove top method too as its what I grew up on. I didn't know that the Dollar Tree had such sprinkles. I told my daughter, since she likes them too, to be on the lookout for it at our Dollar Tree.

CTMOM said...

Belinda, the popcorn cheese topping came from ALdi's. It was clearanced at 69 cents. I have also used their White Cheddar cheese popcorn sprinkle, it reminds me of Smart Food brand popcorn, very good, and also without questionable ingredients.