Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Saw my rhumatologist

at 8 a.m. this morning, after she phoned me last night, in response to an email that I had sent via the patient portal. She appoligized that it took her 2 days to get back to me (website clearly gives them 3), but she was away. No worries, we spoke about what has been killing me (high pain tolerance so if it hurts . . .it's not good).

Image: http://kingbrand.com/images/Hip_Bursitis_Banner_Vs3.jpg

While my left hip has plagued me off/on for years, like 23, the right only ached a bit. I've been in agony since Saturday.  Officially, the new RX's I've been on for a month have done nothing for me, the fact that I have new inflammation is an indicator. Now, MD is appealing to get me on the RX that the former rhumatologist wanted me on, but wouldn't fight ins, over. Grr . . he's no longer my MD, for this as well as additional issues.

Treatment today was a cortizone shot, I've had them at least 6 times in the left hip. Icing with a huge cold pack that I got from one of my shoulder surgeries and hoping to nap, I haven't slept well for days.

We continue to work through our second insurance deductible, with our obligation being 10% of in plan services. We have about $850 to use up before ins has to pick up all of the tab. Waiting to get there for nonurgent services such as a medical eye appointment for one son.

4 comments:

meme said...

The hip pain is terrible. I hear you on not sleeping well - last night it was well after midnight before I fell asleep. It was my hips and knees, elbows last night giving me the most trouble. Needless to say, I am tired today (I need to get up a five during the week). I have already pulled a chicken pie from the freezer that was made last month for tonight's dinner. I can not wait to go to bed tonight - hoping I am so tired that the RA pain won't keep me up again. I hope you get some relief soon.

Debbie said...

I am so sorry you are in such pain. I have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, back issues and Arthritis. I understand your pain well. Praying for you.

Busy Bee said...

Oh my goodness. I hope the shots help.

Belinda said...

Hope you get some relief soon.