Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February grocery budget

is pretty much exhausted, based on the little amount of funds in the envelope inside my wallet. We have a home full of food, so the next 2 or so weeks, it'll be must haves as we make do. I will also, hopefully, find out from the landlord about renewing our lease (planning on reaching out March 1), so an impending move may* soon become a factor and further impetus to eat what we've got down.

Due to ice, DS's college opened late, so after dropping him off, I headed over to ShopRite to get DD some lactaid milk, spotting this pkg of marked down, ground beef. Lunch yesterday:

a pan fried burger on a roll, some lefteover corn.

The rest of the beef was divided into 2 pkgs and frozen for future meals.

2 comments:

Busy Bee said...

I'm down to about finished on our grocery budget, too.
I'll have to pick up eggs, milk, and perhaps some cheese. However, I am considering picking up a couple of items to make a few freezer meals. I just haven't committed in my mind yet...lol. I guess I'll decide by the end of the week.

Belinda said...

I'm so happy when I find marked down meat, good deal!