Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Lunches around here lately

 Leftover crabmeat-Swiss quiche, a cup of leftover bean salad for DS
 Canned macaroni and bean soup with a side salad was my fare for 2 days


 On Saturday, I made beef burgers for the 3 of us, a treat really. Macaroni salad on the side
Leftover spaghetti with 1/2 of my chicken Parmesan that I made (too much for me to finish at supper the night before) and a tossed salad.

Last night, I packed up the leftovers into a container for lunch today, as I have done for years. Lunch is an opportunity to keep my grips on food waste.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

How do you make your macaroni salad? It looks delicious!

CTMOM said...

Catherine, yes, I normally do make my own macaroni, this particular batch came from the deli counter at Shoprite. Here's the recipe I use when making my own: https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350107-classic-macaroni-salad-from-mullers

Catherine said...

Thanks so much!