Friday, January 27, 2017

Just a quick top up

Yesterday found me attending a free symposeum at the local hospital, afterwards had me running around with appointments. The symposeum also provided a free lunch of assorted wraps, assorted bags of chips/pretzels, iced tea or water. Hard to find low salt options, but did have water, the turkey, lettuce and tomato off of a wrap (It was liberally sprinkled with shredded cheese, so no wrap for me), a bag of sunchips-can't remember when I last had those.

Since I was nearby, DS and I stopped at Price Rite where I got the aboe "top up" items for just over $19: large tub of salad greens, large tub of Parsley, celery, whole wheat rolls, milk, 2 loaves of bread (white and wheat  $2.50 ea)

I made some good connections at the hospital event, and earned some brownie points with Volunteer services, who had forwarded the invite. BTW, I start volunteering on Monday. One of the people that I met is a dept manager for a parallel dept for the position that I applied for. Since we were required to introduce ourselves for a group activity, a connection was made and she asked me about my application. She told me that they've only interviewed 2 people and the first person didn't want the job. I believe that I made a good impression, find it odd that the recruiter who I was in contact with after the interview, at his request, has yet to follow up with me. He left it on Friday, that he wished to speak with the hiring manager before phoning me. It's been a week.  I hope that he reaches out in some capacity by this afternoon, he has always contacted me around 5 p.m.

9 comments:

Lee Ann said...

sounds like you are making great impressions and on the ball about applying for jobs. I know something will turn up for you!

Kathy said...

Good luck! Hope you hear some good news soon!

meme said...

Congrats on starting the volunteering! Do you know what you will be doing?

Busy Bee said...

Yay for new connections!
A lot of life is a mix of who and what you know.

CTMOM said...

Meme, yes, I will be in patient medical records (hense the need to be cleared to work on private health documents and the hospital's computer system).

Lili said...

Your future looks promising! How is the commute to this hospital? Would you be working traditional hours? Good luck with the volunteer position.

meme said...

That is an awesome position!

CTMOM said...

Lili, I literally am a 3 minute car ride away, and the first pick up with the first drop off on the city bus line, if needed as a back up. This was done intentionally. The volunteer position is just on Monday mornings. The job I applied for, and don't know if they remain interested in my candidacy, would have set hours, which would be established in a contract. Fro the discussion with the dept manager who is hiring/interviewing, they are looking for someone who would work until 8 p.m. and someone who is available on the weekend. Apparently, one employee already works both Sat and Sun and wishes to split this. The 2 employees would decide if it's a "I'll take this weekend, you take next" vs I'll do Sat if you do Sun kind of a deal. I am increasingly anxious to get some sort of follow up.

Precious People Preschool said...

I am glad you got your foot in the door at the hospital. I hope you here something soon.
Have a great weekend.
Patti