Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Job search update

Image: http://www.bdbmc.org/clientuploads/Immediate-Job-Openings.jpg

Once I had completed my coursework in early January, I reviewed and polished up my resume and cover letter once more before sending it out, via coomputer, in response to job openings. I applied to one at an orthopedist practice and 7 at the local hospital. The orthopedist office turned me down, but I heard back pretty quickly from who I am calling "the screener" for the hospital.

The screener and I had several phone conversations about various positions, including 2 that aren't even yet posted on the hospital's website. She told me that the next step is for her to forward my application to a recruiter. Should he give it a green light, either he or the screener would call me.

The recruiter called me last night to set up an interview for this Thursday at the local hospital. He confirmed today via phone, and send me a standard criminal background form to complete, and advised me of what to expect on Thursday and some tips for success.

So, I will print out 2 copies of my resume, as requested, pick out a nice outfit and hope for the best. I am in the third phase of my change in careers now, and luckily have 8 months to get a job before my insurance runs out.

8 comments:

janie said...

Good luck! :)

Janie

meme said...

Congrats on the upcoming interview! Great news!

kelley said...

best of luck...

Theresa F said...

Hope you get the job :).

Kathy said...


sounds promising...wishing you the best

Busy Bee said...

Sending positive thoughts your way!

Belinda said...

Wishing you the very best, Carol.

Hawaii Planner said...

Good luck!!