Thursday, January 19, 2017

Dress for success: the interview outfit

 Getting ready for my job interview after lunch today: the recruiter told me to "dress for success": this is my version. A belted, knotched collared blazer, a pair of thick gaberdine dress pants with a narrow front seam going down the front of the leg, a black and white patterned, drop cowl necked, short sleeved dressy blouse.
 My lower heeled, black leather faux booties/mules are freshly polished and will be buffed out, Ditto my leather crossbody purse.
Extra care will be given to what little make up I wear, adding a taupe eye shadow into the mix, and subbing out lipstick for my usual tinted lip gloss. Jewelry is simple and understated: my French loop, pearl earings. I didn't buy anything new.

My paperwork is in order; I will be toting 2 copies of my resume and coverletter including as well a 3rd copy for myself, along with copies of the completion certificates received to date for 4 of my 5 required courses recently taken to earn my new career certification, a notepad with my questions on it, the contact information of the Dept supervisor I will be meeting, directions for parking, check in protocol. I am as prepared as I can be. I am positive going into this, and minimally can walk away with interview experience. : )

16 comments:

TrayceeBee said...

Good luck Carol! You sound very prepared and I love the outfit!

slugmama said...

Hope it's a good experience and leads to a kick-ass job! ;-)

Florence said...

Good luck!!

Liz Bernard said...

Good luck!

Lili said...

Wishing you success, Carol!

meme said...

Good Luck !

Rachel said...

Good luck Carol!!!

56steps said...

Good Luck!!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Wishing you the best, and love the outfit!

janie said...

Good luck and the outfit looks great!!

janie

Kathy said...

Good luck! Your outfit looks awesome!

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Absolutely appropriate, and I wish you luck!!

Carole said...

I think you are likely to be the kind of employee every employer wants. Now to get them to realize that. The outfit is certainly very classy and should convey your high standards.

Busy Bee said...

Love this outfit! Good luck!

CTMOM said...

Thanks for the positive feedback. The interview, IMO, went well, lasted an hour. I've mailed out a hand written thank you note to the woman who interviewed me. Now I wait . . . .

Ms. Sandie said...

Fingers crossed!