Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Crock Pot Wednesday: spaghetti and meatballs

 The last of my homemade, frozen meatballs are simmering away in a quick to assemble, spaghetti sauce of 1 29 oz can tomato sauce, 1 15 oz can no salt stewed tomatoes, 2 branches of celery that I chopped, the rest of an open jar of mushrooms, dried onion, a bay leaf, Italian spices, black pepper, a squeeze from the tube of garlic paste.
 The rest of a bag of GF pasta will be cooked for DD (providing a l/o dinner on Thurs which is now "dinner with Dad night" due to DS's schedule, and the rest of a box of spaghetti for DS and I-there may not be any leftover pasta.
The rest of a bag of fzn green beans will be buttered and seasoned. The rest of some leftover salad will be added to, and served with a choice of dressings, including the fresh batch of Penzey's peppercorn dressing that I made this morning, using the rest of the lingering sour cream from the holidays (not quite enough as called for so I added some extra mayo).



The pantry/freezer challenge continues.

Weird that we've had 4 Crock pot dinners in a row, just a coincidence. I have a long appointment this afternoon with a new rhumatologist, so I needed to get a jump on dinner

4 comments:

Lili said...

I was thinking, "gee, Carol uses her crockpot often". I am still trying to get into the crockpot groove. Your pasta dinner sounded yummy! I hope all went well with the new rheumatologist.

CTMOM said...

Lili, MY CP's are my friends and helps to ensure that dinner is homemade, on the table when I need it to be. : )

Busy Bee said...

I love the way slow cooking pasta sauce adds a depth that a quick cook doesn't.

Sharon said...

Crockpots are my friend, too! Its the only way I can get dinner on the table, on time, on busy days