Thursday, December 29, 2016

Lunches at home

 Hot lunches are what I have always preferred over sandwiches, and prove to be an excellent opportunity to take advantage of leftovers. Christmas ham, a small jar of sweet and sour sauce, some l/o rice  were combined with the rest of a pkg of fzn peppers and onions, some Savoy cabbage, 2 eggs that were scrambled in the pan, some canned pineapple for a ham fried rice.
 Marked down Italian meatballs were oven baked and combined with l/o pizza sauce that has been lurking to make a filling for some marked down store bakery rolls, with pizza blend Italian cheese melted over the meatballs. L/o corn accompanied, as well as a cup of Earl Gray tea with sugar and lemon-one of my favorites!
One of my cats jumped up onto a neighboring chair and kept me company one day.

2 comments:

Florence said...

Yes! Use up those leftovers creatively! Waste not, want not!

Beautiful cat! I have 4 cats; they are my babies now that it is just my husband and me at home. How many do you have?

CTMOM said...

Florence, I have 2 cats from the same litter: Abby and Costello (pictured).