Monday, December 5, 2016

Cherry picking the deals this week, getting a few needs

 As usual, I combined sales plus doubled up to 99 cents coupons:  Demerara sugar $3.29, baking powder $1.99, 4 bags peanut M & Ms @ $1.49 each
 low salt turkey breast (not on sale), 80% ground beef $2.99/lb
 3, 120 count boxes Scotties tissues @ 67 cents, can of shaving gel @ 99 cents, OTC eye drops $11.99 but zero out of pocket as I paid with my HSA account, after using a $5 coupon.
 Swiss chard @ $2.49/lb, 5 lbs carrots @ $2.99
 coffee $5.49, 2 Oj @ $1.99, 6 boxes of herbal tea @ 99 cents (not a typo!) These (not the coffee) were all part of a "breakfast promo" where on buys any 6 of a select list of items already at reduced prices and then gets $3 off the order, limit 2 breakfast promos.
 2 lbs bacon @ $2.49, 2 18 count eggs @ 79 cents (not a typo!)
American cheese @ $3.99/lb and a wedge of Parmesan @ $4.49. I also got 1 gallon of milk and  2 cans ready to eat, Progresso clam chowder @ $1.49, kind of pricy but good for a quick meal at home. I spent $72.45 out the door

10 comments:

Belinda said...

Great deals!

Susie Cute said...

You have been very generous and patient. Personally, I think I'd put the items in my car's trunk and donate them when by that location. However, IF the young woman texts before you get that opportunity, I guess I'd let her come by to get them -- if it would be that handy for you

Susie Cute.

CTMOM said...

Goodwill is minutes from my home, near where I often shop. I could also post it on a variety of local Freecyle sites.

Rhonda said...

Good job! I'm a fan of good deals 👍

slugmama said...

Dang at 2 lbs for $2.49 I'd have bought more BACON! lolz

FYI-There is a $1 off 2 Progresso products rebate on SavingStar your soup should qualify for.

Debbie said...

That is an amazing price for that brand of tea! I'd be making gifts with it!

Florence said...

Great deals! More bacon!!

Lee Ann said...

what kind of sugar is that?

Elle said...

You might want to check your dollar tree for baking powder, mine had the same brand you bought for half the price.

CTMOM said...

Leeann, demerara sugar is brown in color and has big crystals, I use them for cookies (to roll into)