Thursday, November 3, 2016

Use it up Thursday

 College night for me, and DD's work schedule got switched so I scrambled to get coverage for DS #2, during my absence. DS#1 agreed to come over after work, GF in tow, and have supper with DS #2, making sure that he showers, and gets to bed by 9 p.m. while I am out. Tonight's supper fare for those here: Cacciatore pasta bake. I had a quart or so of chicken cacciatore sauce leftover, and 2 chicken thighs. I removed the meat from the skin/bones, chopping it before adding it back to the sauce, in a Pam sprayed casserole.
 Meanwhile, I cooked the remaining 1/2 of an opened box of ziti.
 I folded the pasta into the sauce, topping it with the rest of the sauce that I had from Sunday.
The rest of a block of NY sharp Cheddar was hand grated and I also grated about 2 Tbsp from a wedge of Parmesan.

The casserole is now covered in foil, refrigerated for when DS #1 gets here, to pop into the mini oven for 20-30 minutes. Sides will be l/o broccoli crowns for DS #2 (big broccoli fan) and French green beans for the couple.

I have a ham sandwich on Rye, an orange, water.

It works.

7 comments:

meme said...

Your pasta bake looks delicious! It's great your children help out with their brother. We are already asking my granddaughter who is age ten to help out her brother - who is age foure with different things. We thought my grandson was born missing half a chromosome, further testing shows it is a full chromosome missing, which affects all his developmental domains. Granddaughter will need to be a support person to her brother when they are older.

Linda said...

That looks good! Days like this is when a frozen entrée would be worth gold.

carol pavlik said...

Looks delish.

Hawaii Planner said...

Your bake looks great. Just a comment that I'm always impressed by the way your family pulls together to help out. I'm sure it's a balance to ensure everyone has the help they need plus the freedom, but a reflection of some very strong parenting. You should be proud.

CTMOM said...

Thank you, Hawaii

Belinda said...

Looks great. :)

~Lisa~ said...

The casserole looks delish!!