Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Trying to keep up with household tasks

 With class commitments and studying needed, my days have been quite full. My divide and conquer approach to maintaining the home has been working, for the most part. Some days find me very tired, due to my PSA, but I do what I can, nap as needed, and roll over any unfinished tasks onto the next day. A cold, rainy (we so need rain, however, due to an ongoing drought), raw day had me up early, helping DS to get a start to his day. Once I was dressed for the day, I got supper in the Crock Pot, emptied the dishwasher and filled it with breakfast and lunch prep dishes, folded now dry laundry off of the clothes horses, ran a load of towels through the washer and dryer. Whenever I am attending to laundry, I try to keep a keen eye out for any possible repairs that are needed. A bath towel had a reinforcing edge seam added and I noted the frayed corner on this cotton napkin.
I first used some awaiting black thread (I keep multiple needles already prethreaded on a certain pin cushion), then moved to 2 different needles with 2 different shades of darker brown. Not perfect, but the linen has been reinforced, the edge colors blended with the original brown. I am happy with the results.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Repairs like that must be done immediately to save the item.

Busy Bee said...

I'm sad to say I have some napkins that are on their last leg. I've been using them so many years I can't repair them any longer.

CTMOM said...

Busy Bee-are they worn on the edges or the body of the napkin? can you fold over the edges, if worn and stitch a new hem?