Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving morning meal preparations

 Up early yesterday, I made my family's traditional, sausage stuffing
 as well as a small pan of GF stuffing for DD, following her restrictions
 A bottle of cranberry-tangerine juice was decanted into a glass pitcher, a sliced Navel orange added to it (we later ate the slices which were impregnated with the cranberry-tnagerine juice-yummy!)
 Huge sweet potatoes baked off in the mini convection oven
 were later peeled, mashed with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg
 No need to buy a floral centerpiece, I just used this silk flower arrangement that I made years ago. I set the table.
The turkey was stuffed, seasoned with salt, pepper,Bells's seasoning

Relsihes set out in individual dishes, too.

The day was laid back, cooking wise, which is what I wanted. We ate for lunch, I cleaned up the kitchen, got the stock pot going and we filled our own plates with leftovers for supper. Easy-peasy.

Our Thanksgiving table, minus desserts.

1 comment:

meme said...

Looks great! We had a simple Thanksgiving - turkey, mashed potato, stuffing, cranberry sauce, frozen peas and rolls. Apple pie for dessert.

I did go to CVS in the morning and got the extra buck freebies we could use in the house (batteries, soda as a treat, toothbrushes, etc).