Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sunday Supper: roast pork

I have a 99/lb whole pork shoulder on a bed of garlic and onions, seasoned with Penzey's Bavarian spice seasoning, and some apple cider in a large Crock pot to cook low and slow all day.

 A plate of sliced pork
 The finished sides including homemade gravy (left rear) and the Brussels sprouts, which I ended up braising in pork fat with cooked bacon and chopped scallions added at the end, seasoning with a salt free, garlic and herb seasoning blend
 I use 2 cups of stock/broth to make gravy, and had 2 cups still leftover

   My supper plate


A Mrs Smiths mixed berry pie for dessert, that I paid 99 cents for.

7 comments:

The domestic Groove said...

Oh that sounds delicious!

Anne in the kitchen said...

I am going to Penzy's this week and have never bought the Bavarian spice. I think you just changed my mind!

Regine Karpel said...

Great.

Amy said...

When is dinner??!! That all sounds so good,especially the Brussel sprouts. They were on sale at Aldi last week and I got 2 packages...they had been about $3 and I just don't pay that much for vegetables!

meme said...

Also having pork here - with mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce....

Linda said...

Your pictures and description always leave me hungry for just what you cooked!

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Great price on the pie! Definitely jealous. I meant to bake brownies but my DD came over to use the washer and I never got around to the brownies. Later this week, hopefully.