Thursday, November 3, 2016

Product review: Mrs Meyers

I previously wrote about a freebie opportunity to try out Mrs Meyer's cleaning products:  Mrs Meyers


 Through the aforementioned promo offer, I received 3 products: Mrs Meyers hand soap, all purpose cleaning, dish soap. We've already used up the apple scented hand soap and about 2/3 of the dish soap. I've just started using the all purpose spray cleaner.
As you can see from the first photo, I've removed the label from the hand soap, before refilling with a 1 part soap to 2 parts water, using this Suave body wash that was a freebie for me. No need to advertize and I like seeing how much is left in the pump bottle.

Results:

The hand soap worked fine, I like that it used olive oil but what we've always used is just as good

The dish soap also works fine, I don't feel that it cleans any better than what I've been using from Dollar Tree. Both contain sodium laurel sulfite.

The all purpose cleaner works fine, but so does my homemade concoction of Dr Bronner's and water and my second all purpose for the bath: dish soap and vinegar.

Final thoughts: yes, Mrs Meyers works well but it's not extraordinary. I am glad to have had the opportunity to finally trial it, after reading everyone raving about it. I can't justify the cost, however, and will stick with my old ways and cleaning supplies which have serviced my needs for far, far less money.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Good job/review! I put shampoo in my pump soap bottle in the bathroom, but I never put water in it. I like that it is still thick and not runnier. I certainly love free pump soap aka shampoo.

meme said...

Thanks for the review...I had decided against trying the products with these freebies. It's good to know our own homemade cleaning products, cheaper alternatives work just as well.

Kathy said...

Thanks for the review! I have been hesitant to spend the money, but wondered if it was worth the price.

Lee Ann said...

I love Mrs. Meyers, mostly for the scents. Cranberry, Apple Cider and Peppermint are my faves. What can I say?

CTMOM said...

Lee Ann, and that's fine. : )
I was glad to be able to try this well raved product line; just not worth the extra cost to me. What I've been using works just as well.