Friday, November 25, 2016

I just keep on mending

I repaired a bath towel (again on this one) and a wash cloth this afternoon, before turning my attention to this sad, sad pair of jammies:

 These have been DS #2's favorites for a few years, a soft, cotton knit but all along the waistband has simply worn away!
I had some extra wide, red, double sided seam binding and used a chocolate-redish brown thread to attach it, covering over the top of the waistband. They look a LOT better now. The seam binding was purchased directly from a factory, years ago, when I was sewing for my DD and DS#1, who are now in their 20's.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Repairs probably save you more money than anything you do.

meme said...

I had to laugh, "sad, sad pair of jammies" - they look wonderful now!

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Great job. My granddaughter arrived yesterday with mending for me to do!! This happens quite a lot, but this time it's an easy sleeve hem to re-sew. Nothing difficult. My daughter came with a new dress a couple days ago that she wanted hemmed up 5 inches--by the following day!! One of her absolute treasure finds on line--$26 for the dress and a matching overblouse (dress is sleeveless)---a Ralph Lauren item, the dress alone was originally $145 retail. I got it done for her but I sure didn't feel like it--had been baking all afternoon! That's what Moms/Grandmas do.

Hawaii Planner said...

That's one frugal area I haven't cracked yet. Once I have more free time! And, don't I regret not learning when my grandmother used to have my sister & I visit for a week at the time. She'd teach us: crocheting, knitting, gardening, sewing, and pie making. I was too young to pay much attention, unfortunately. I'd love to have that time back!

Belinda said...

Oh, they look great afterwards. You did a terrific job on them!