Friday, November 18, 2016

A lovely, family birthday celebration

 Although 4 of us went out to dinner last weekend (not all could attend), we held off until my actual birthday, at my request for cake and any gifts. All I ever expect from the kids is a card, for which I tell them that I'll even supply the materials! One DS bought me a lemon cake with raspberry filling from Whole Foods, decorated in my favorite colors.
Another gift was a bouquet of coordinating with the cake flowers, from DD, along with some Lush soaps, some scented pump soaps for the sink. I also got a metal tray that I am using to corral bread/rolls and a pretty, floral Pashmina type scarf in a print of the colors I normally wear.

So, all in all, a very nice birthday.

8 comments:

meme said...

The cake and flowers are both so pretty!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Lovely gifts! I have decided I am at an age where I had rather have something consumable than another doo dad. I don't need more things, but cake and soaps and potions and lotions are great and usable gifts! Plus, I love Lush and would not buy those for myself!

Busy Bee said...

Happy belated birthday! What wonderful gifts!

NAN said...

Happy belated birthday! Mine was the 7th and my sister's is Thanksgiving. My son was visiting so I actually had a celebration. When I was a girl, all my birthday money went for Christmas gifts- bet you were the same way! I bought everyone something.

thyme2save said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAROL. Your cake is lovely.

Precious People Preschool said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was wonderful.
Patti

Kathy said...

Happy belated birthday.
The cake and flowers are lovely. What thoughtful presents.

Lili said...

Happy Birthday, Carol! May this next year be filled with blessings.