Saturday, October 8, 2016

What's been cooking?

After having read what I later discovered was a UK site of recommendations for a FODMAP diet (DD was off at work, the USA FODMAP recommendations in her bag to read up on at work), I made what I thought was an approved FODMAP dish for dinner on Monday: an adapted version of turkey divan. Turns out, she can't eat broccoli, as the US version forbids it. So, she are around it. I made my own sauce, skipped onions/mushrooms substituting green scallions (can't have the white bulb part) and substituting plain almond milk for the cream. The rest of us also liked it, just can't use this recipe with the broccoli.

I now have her list in hand, we're adapting.

Tues was YOYO night as I had college.

I don't recall Wed, and TH was another college night for me so YOYO; DS had dinner with Dad

Fri's plans got tossed due to errands running late, we were able to order Chinese.

DD is noticably impacted positively in the changes already made, we continue on the learning curve. First few months will be the hardest and slowly foods will be trialed again to see if they bother her.

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Glad to hear she is "impacted positively" already. That's great.

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Exactly what I was going to say. It's nice to know your efforts are making her feel better.