Saturday, October 22, 2016

Price Rite

 I had a quick errand down town, to drop of expired RXs at the police station for safe disposal. Was an opportunity to view some of the fairly new facility, meet a few more of the city officers. I have met a few at the farmer's market, held not far away. Today was the last day of the farmer's market this year. I wish that they had more venders, but 2 of them offer great produce, there is a nice selection, if one arrives early. I plan on returning next year. Since I continue to also buy produce directly from farmer friends, I didn't need to frequent the city's farmer's market every week. Since I was close by, I swung over to Price Rite. I needed some ingredients for supper as well as the upcoming week, and wanted to take advantage of a great deal they have. I bought: 1 mayo, 1 pkg gallon storage bags, 4 cans evap milk, Jewish Rie, New England hot dog buns, Kaiser rolls, grapes, Bosc pears, 2 cukes, celery, scallions, FL navels, milk, yogurt, 2 blocks Colby-Jack, buttermilk, sandwich buns. I needed to spend over $25 in order to get this:




a frozen turkey at 58/lb. Switching menus around, I will be roasting this tomorrow. Effective Monday, I will be attending classes 4 nights a week, the crunch time is on for a few weeks, getting stuff done ahead is a win-win, as would be having stock at the ready, meat for sandwiches. I spent $45.31.

6 comments:

Belinda said...

Great deal on that turkey! Will be nice to have for sandwiches thru the week.

CTMOM said...

yes, an awesome deal on fzn turkey. Could only get one, with $25 purchase, but there is no store loyalty card, so how can they track this if a customer returns and spends $25 more for a second turkey?

Linda said...

That was a great deal! Hopefully, I can find a deal like that this holiday season.
pparsimony

carol pavlik said...

I noticed Marc's had turkeys for 79/lb. But I have gotten used to components. My husband likes turkey necks and I like breast, sold fresh at our IGA. That is our turkey. I hate thawing frozen turkeys. How do you do it?

CTMOM said...

Carol Pavlik, Oh! I do miss Xpect, the sister store of Marc's of Ohio. They've totally pulled out of CT. : ( I mearly place a fzn bird in a plastic dish bin and let it thaw. You fill it with water, change it often.

CTMOM said...

http://www.butterball.com/how-tos/thaw-a-turkey