Sunday, October 2, 2016

Preventative care: annual flu shot

This morning, prior to doing my weekly grocery shopping, I stopped in at CVS to grab some specials (Tids, Downy, Bbee crab meat, milk) but first to get my annual flu shot. While  local VNA and town sponsored flu shot clinics are popping up, they do not accept my insurance. I had called earlier in the week, confirming that CVS will accept mine and that they have the 4 virus formulation that I need. While my OOP and annual premiums have continued to rise yearly, prevenative medicine continues to be covered at 100% as long as I used an in plan provider.

Next on the agenda is to get all 4 kids their vacinations. Between myself and DS#2, close family members need to be vacinated for our benefit, if not their own. I would have gone as early as Sept, but my Rhumatologist suggested waiting until Oct. It takes up to 2 weeks to build immunity, so I wanted to get a jump on this.

3 comments:

meme said...

I am supposed to get a flu shot each year because of my daycare. This year, though, I won't be able to. My husband is not able to get a flu shot due to his chemo treatment and is NOT to be around anyone who has gotten a flu shot.

I am going to have to be extra diligent this year with hand washing, sanitizing, wiping door knobs, etc.

CTMOM said...

Meme, that surprises me. I could understand restrictions if someone got the flu mist as it has live virus while the shot has read virus n is not communicable to others.

CTMOM said...

Meme, that surprises me. I could understand restrictions if someone got the flu mist as it has live virus while the shot has read virus n is not communicable to others.