Saturday, September 3, 2016

Today's baking

This week's baking included a double batch of a family favorite that I haven't made in a while: Old fashioned, prune coffee cake-a recipe harking from the 1930's.



http://ctonabudget.blogspot.com/2011/02/prune-coffee-cake.html

The smell of nutmeg and cinnamon just fills the house.

 Next, I set myself to dealing with the older, fresh fruit. Older apples were turned into an apple pie
 Soft pears and plums were cooked together,
creating a pretty, purple fruit sauce that I will blend with some apple sauce for lunches this week. Avoiding food waste and offering some homemade treats to my family-perfect.

4 comments:

meme said...

mmmm, I can smell your desserts from here ! They sound delicious.

Softie said...

The recipe says 8x8 panbut your photo
Looks like a 9x13 pan.

CTMOM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CTMOM said...

Softie, I made a double batch