Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday brunch leftovers

I intentionally made a double batch of waffles from scratch, using up the almond milk and most of the buttermilk in the process. Sale priced bacon accompanied, as did juices and hazelnut coffee. The waffles are intended for this upcoming week, as is the bacon, which may be served alongside the aformentioned, if not become an ingredient for another dish, perhaps beans, an omelette, a quiche. The bacon is stored in the repurposed, plastic tub to the left. The bacon grease from both the repurposed, Kraft paper bag as well as the griddle pan is now in the large pickle jar to the back, with the yellow lid. The leftover coffee is now in the Mason jar with the white cap-enough for my morning cup tomorrow.

5 comments:

mikemax said...

Do you freeze your waffles, even if you plan to eat them within a few days? When I freeze waffles, I usually cool them on a rack so that the moisture will evaporate, vs. causing frost on the waffles.

CTMOM said...

Max-these should be gone tomorrow morning. Otherwise, I'd consider freezing them. When I do, I place wax paper inbetween each, and store the used sheets back with the waffles, reusing the same wax paper over and over again.

Busy Bee said...

I deliberately make extra coffee to keep in a jar. We make our own version of iced coffee to save on money.

Anne in the kitchen said...

I do the same CT, in fact the bag and waxed paper pieces stay in the freezer all the time whether it has waffles in it or not.

CTMOM said...

Anne, yes, I store them in the freezer. Not much of a hassle.