Monday, September 26, 2016

C.O.R.N.-that's what's for dinner!

My fridge is bursting. I have a lot premade for the upcoming week (soup, casserole supper for Tues when I am out), and it shows. I've topped everything up as well. While fish was on the menu plan, I prefer to push the "enough for one person" leftovers to get them out of there. Makes for quick prep on my end as well. :  )




DS was unable to attend a cook out at Dad's, but the raw steak along with a bunch of sides were sent home to him through his sister, so I will cook the steak and prepare whatever sides are in that large container (think plastic, divided  dinner plate sized container) while DD and I will select from what I'll call "the stragglers." A quick salad, vinaigrette is already made and there are additional salad dressing options to select from as well.


9 comments:

Belinda said...

That was really nice of Dad to send over the uncooked steak and sides. Worked out great for your Monday night dinner of CORN.

thyme2save said...

Such organization.

Busy Bee said...

CORN is often my favorite day.

Linda said...

CORN?

That steak looks like it will feed him for days!

CTMOM said...

Linda-agreed. My DH's family serves HUGE portions of meat. I'd only eat 1/3 of that. DS ate 1/2 and I've prepped a grab and go container for his lunch tomorrow.

Ms. Sandie said...

I have always wondered. I have also tried to figure it out....C.O.R.N.??

CTMOM said...

Clean Out Right Now

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Also known as Clean out refrigerator night.

Linda said...

Thanks for the explanation...lol.