Thursday, September 22, 2016

Canning continues

 Tuesday's delivery meant getting the canner going
 Beautiful tomatoes
 The dark ones are Russian Black Krims, my favorite heirloom variety
 I got 2 pot's going
 Eventually cooking them all down, processing through a Foly mill and cooking down a bit further before processing. I did add some of my organic herbs that I dried last Summer. The color of the tomato sauce is stunning.


21 8 oz jars of organic, Italian seasoned, salt free tomato sauce for Winter. Feeling productive!

I also asked for some to ripen further for salads.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Before I read your comment, the color of the sauce was astounding!

Anne in the kitchen said...

Wow, just wow. Beautiful sauce!

Belinda said...

Just beautiful!!!

~Carla~ said...

Yum!!! Fabulous!!

Busy Bee said...

Wonderful work!