Friday, September 30, 2016

Addressing clothing gaps, on a budget

I had recently gone through my closet, noting needs and some areas that either need additional pieces or will soon need replacements. Savers was where I was able to get quite a bit today:

Sweaters

 Jones of New York 89-11 cotton-nylon 3/4 sleeved cardigan with pockets in chocolate brown, color looks faded due to camera flash, but it's a true, deep chocolate color





 to layer over a Spring/Fall short sleeved brown and cream boatneck sweater that I have. $4.99. I can readily see this becoming a frequent flyer outfit as we transition to cooler weather.
 Sarah Spencer 100$ Merino wool, chocolate brown standard cardigan.Once again, my phone camera flash did it no favors. A dark, true chocolate color it is.  I tried on about 8 brown sweaters that I culled from the racks where even more were passed on due to style (a need on my list) $4.99
Lands End coral cottony sweater with ruffle down the front placket. Good for the next month, and will definately be worn next Spring. $9.99

Shirts:

 Karen Scott purple-navy-lavender design print 3/4 sleeved scoopneck top in a cotton-poly knit $8.99. Super soft.
 Croft and Barrow cotton-spandex, 3/4 sleeve V neck in  blue, navy, beige floral print $3.99
 LOGG cotton-spandex long sleeved V neck $3.99 (another needed item, my current one has a hole in the front)
 Liz Claiborne eggplant-beige-fuscia medalian print, pintucked front blouse $8.99



Jones of New York navy and cream print with navy crochet at the V neck 100% cotton and super soft $6.99

A good shopping spree.

5 comments:

CT Bargain Mom said...

Nice deals! We don't have a savers close by and the Salvation Army just closed the closest store to us (sad because I loved going in for a poke around when I do ted the kids outgrown clothes).
I will be heading to a couple consignment shops tomorrow to find some teaching staples.

Anne in the kitchen said...

You got some smart and smart looking purchases! Nice way to fill the wardrobe gaps!

Marcia in rural WNY said...

Excellent shopping spree, I would say. I have bought almost nothing this year because I haven't found much I even like to try on. I did buy a pair of jeans from Land's End, but they don't fit as well as I had hoped. Apparently Relativity has stopped making jeans in petites---I can't find them ANYWHERE, and those fit me really well. Not sure if I am keeping the Land's End ones and tailoring a bit myself, or sending them back and hoping to do better. I got them for $29.40 and the original retail was $59--so I hate to return such a good buy. I'll have to try them on so husband can supply is opinion. I only quickly looked in the mirror when I tried them on earlier.

I need some tops to fill a few gaps too. I've lost some weight since I did any major buying, and while I don't mind wearing the old ones around the house, I really do need a few that actually fit!

You did extremely well on prices.

Linda said...

Good job. Great prices! However, I do like the colors that really should be brown. After my pants finds, I am going to find blouses, too. And, reduced.

I do have scroungy stuff for the house, but need blouses for out and another sweater or two.
Practical Parsimony

Ms. Sandie said...

You found some gorgeous pieces!