Thursday, August 4, 2016

Working around the weather

 May be a bit hard to see, but it's now72 degrees in my bedroom, where the programable thermostat is located on the second floor. It's set for 76 at night but I shut it off when I got up.
I opened all of the windows in the house to get the fresh air in. So cool, I needed to grab slippers and a robe. Nice. Horrible, hot, humid weather is coming for the weekend, I'll relish this cool interlude. Meanwhile, I can hear the hum of other condo unit's A/C's.

4 comments:

Linda said...

When I open the back door, the heat hits me, a palpable slap of muggy air. I am sweaty after walking ten feet! My window ac has not been turned off since April except to clean the filter. The nighttime temperature is in 70s.

CTMOM said...

Linda, I believe that you live in the South. I am in Connecticut-different climate, although this Summer has been brutal with high temps, humidity.

kelley said...

I do the same thing when it's not humid...really missing the fresh air with open windows at night...not looking forward to my electric bill...

Marcia in rural WNY said...

I'm in Western New York and having the same trouble, except we're seriously into a drought besides. I feel that the summer has been mostly wasted because it's too hot and humid to spend time outdoors. We normally have beautiful summers, but at 73, I cannot function in the garden in 90 degrees, even just to pull weeds. I don't like it at all. Lawns are brown and crunchy, electric bills are outrageous, and we've been hiding indoors most of the time. You can't enjoy walking around any of the local fairs or festivals when it's that hot and I'm fair skinned and husband has had skin cancers--both good reasons to stay OUT of the sun. Some more reasonable temperatures are SUPPOSED to show up this weekend--low 80's. We might have a chance to pull some weeds early in the day. I am so disappointed at not having enough time outdoors.