Monday, August 1, 2016

Sunday supper, with some help

 I started by sauteeing some presliced mushrooms along with a sliced onion in some reserved beef tallow. I removed them from the skillet.
 Meanwhile, I turned 1 lb of ground beef into 5 good sized patties (1 egg, parsley, garlic, black pepper, milk, homemade bread crumbs), then browned them off on both sides
 My gravy ingredients
 Once the patties were browned, I added the cooked vegetables, and the gravy, which I later thickened with a corn starch slurry.
 Sides were steamed carrots
 I had DD peel the spuds
for the mashed potatoes

Salisbury steak, it had been a while and made for a nice change.

2 comments:

Linda said...

I just know I left a comment, wanting the whole bowl of mushrooms and onions. Plus, the whole dinner looks delicious.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Oh wow, that looks great!